The Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) of Northwest Nazarene University is committed to developing the University Community in habits of heart, soul, mind, and strength by offering leadership and engaging in dynamic partnership with the academic and support units of the university. In order to accomplish this function, OAA provides curricular oversight and assessment, faculty development, financial coordination, and strategic planning.
Learn more about accreditation and assessment.
See the academic calendar.
Faculty Award Lecture
The faculty award lecture is an annual, academic event typically held one evening in the fall of each year. An NNU faculty member writes a formal paper and delivers it as a scholarly presentation to the community. The faculty member is selected competitively. One other NNU faculty member or faculty member from an institution in the Treasure Valley is asked to give a formal response to the lecture. A reception is given in honor of the presenting faculty member following the lecture.
- Stephen Riley - The Reel Samson: How Our Screenings of the Biblical Icon Affect Our Life Together (11/8/18) - no recording available
- Darrin L. Grinder - Man Is Not the Measure: Spiritual Reading of Literature and Loving Nature (11/2/17)
- Joseph Bankard – Forgiveness as Process and Virtue: How to Overcome Feelings of Anger and Resentment (10/25/16)
- Donna Allen – An Interpersonal Relationship with God (3/15/16)
- Stephen K. Shaw – Marriage Equality and Religious Liberty: The First Amendment and American Pluralism (12/1/15)
- D. Timothy Anstine – Organic Chemistry Poses Major Roadblocks to Chemical Evolution (11/11/14)
- Julie Straight – “Who is my neighbor?” Reflections from Literature on Circles of Community and Service (9/26/13)
- Joe Gorman – Ripple Effect: A Wesleyan Vision of Holistic Transformation in Christ (4/16/13)
- Peter Crabb – The “Crazy” Idea of a Christian Libertarian Economist (2/26/13)
- Kevin Timpe – Virtue and Transformation—becoming the kind of people oriented towards pursuing truth, community, and service (11/13/12)