Announcing enrollment for fall 2018

Announcing enrollment for fall 2018

Northwest Nazarene University
Sep 12, 2018

President Joel Pearsall has announced the total fall enrollment at 2,013 students. This year’s 1,287 undergraduate and 726 graduate and doctoral students indicate steady enrollment for the university.

“NNU is privileged to welcome all students, new and returning, who have chosen NNU this year,” said President Pearsall. “I am delighted by the individual students I’ve personally encountered and look forward to journeying with them. I know these students will have a positive impact on NNU and will also carry out our mission throughout the Boise Valley and beyond."

NNU is proud to welcome 278 first-time freshmen and 68 transfer students to its campus for the fall 2018 semester. In addition, 269 new students have been enrolled into the graduate and adult programs. This is an increase from last year’s fall enrollment number of 248 new students.

48% of the new freshman students are from Idaho, while the other 52% are represented by 21 states and four countries. Last year’s freshman class was represented by 12 states and two countries, making this year’s freshman class much more geographically diverse. This class is also more gender balanced, with a 5% increase of male students over last year.

The academic profile of our new freshmen class continues to be strong and high school grades and test scores are nearly identical to last year’s incoming new students. The average high school GPA for our freshmen is a 3.59.

Vice President for Student Life Carey Cook added, "The class of 2022 has hit the ground running. They are a very engaged and enthusiastic group who appears to be excited to be part of the NNU community and we are thrilled they are here."