Master of Science in Nursing Degrees
Northwest Nazarene University's Department of Nursing is pleased to offer two online Master of Science in Nursing degrees. Expand your current nursing career or open a new career path that develops your nursing experience with the program that's right for you:
MSN Leadership & Education
- Leadership & Education emphasis prepares nurses for the role of a leader/educator in clinical facilities, educational institutions, and community agencies.
- Fully online program of study is ideal for those with work and/or family responsibilities.
- Two entry options allow RNs with associate or bachelor's degrees in nursing to enter the MSN Leadership & Education program.
MSN Family Nurse Practitioner
- Prepares nurses for the role of an FNP who will provide nursing and medical services to individuals, families and groups. The FNP will be equipped to diagnose and manage acute episodic and chronic illness and also emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention.
- Courses are offered in an online learning environment—paired with home state clinicals and four separate weeks of on-campus residency hours—providing flexibility.
- Two entry options allow RNs with associate or bachelor's degrees in nursing to enter the MSN FNP program.
As an adult learner with an already very full schedule, I found the MSN program reasonable and manageable to navigate and was impressed with the commitment and support given to students by the faculty.—Andrea Fratusco, St. Alphonsus Medical Center
Flexibility and PortabilityThis online program means you don't have to step away from your job or your family.
Learning CommunityYou'll move through your studies with a cohort of other adult learners, creating a supportive and interactive learning environment.
Caring, Knowledgable ProfessorsOur faculty members have more than 160 years of combined experience.
Preparation for SuccessYou'll be prepared for your next role—whether that's as an educator or leader, or as an advanced practice nurse.
Hands-on LearningExperience direct learning opportunities through internships or preceptorships offered in a variety of settings.
Looking for RN–BSN information?
NNU offers great choices for pursuing your Bachelor of Science in Nursing as an associate degree RN. You can request more info by visiting our RN–BSN Information Page→