Whether you're a recent graduate going to college for the first time or an adult and professional interested in advancing your career, NNU’s online Associate of Arts in Accounting offers an opportunity for you to participate in a fully online Associate of Arts degree program. NNU does not currently offer an A.A. on campus, making this online program unique. After completion, you can transfer your online degree into an online or on-campus bachelor's degree program. Wondering if NNU Online could be the right fit for you? Here are some things to consider:
- The online A.A. in Accounting is convenient and flexible, enabling students to continue working and living in their local community while pursuing an NNU education.
- Start dates are flexible with new classes beginning every eight weeks.
- Provides accessibility and incredible value at only $10,000 per year. Part-time enrollment is also available at a reduced rate.
- Fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Intentional about creating an online community to enhance learning and support.
- Online students are encouraged to join the campus community for athletic events and chapel services.
- Students enrolled online have full access to library services and workout facilities.
- Provides access to top-quality professors and vast academic resources.
To qualify for an associate of arts degree at NNU, the student must satisfy the six (6) requirements described below. Faculty and staff members at the university advise students concerning progress toward degree completion. However, the student is responsible for meeting all completion requirements.
In order for a student to graduate under the requirements of the Catalog in use at the time he/she matriculated, the student most complete an associate degree within 4 years. Otherwise the student must use the most recent catalog.
- Total credits: A minimum of 63 semester credits
- Quality of grades: Grades must average C (2.000) or better in the 63 semester credits which meet the AA degree requirements. A grade of C- (1.700) or better must be earned in all courses which apply toward the concentration. Some majors have higher GPA requirements. See individual program descriptions for details.
- Residence: A minimum of 50% of the total credits (32) must be taken at NNU in order to receive an AA degree from NNU.
- General Education Requirements: The student must complete the General Education requirements for the AA degree program.
- Concentration: In addition to the general education requirements in the AA, a concentration of at least 15 credits is required.
- Application for Graduation: Candidates for a degree must submit an application and have the application approved by the administrator fo the program. The application should be placed on file with the registrar the beginning of the semester prior to the semester in which the student plans to graduate.
Transferring your AA
After completing your AA in Business or Accounting through NNU Online, you can transfer into NNU's accelerated online or traditional on-campus Bachelor Degree programs in business.
The accelerated Adult and Professional Program is available in two different delivery formats. Classes are offered both online and on-campus in the evenings to accommodate the schedules of students with other responsibilities during the day. Through this program you can complete your degree in just 16 months.
The traditional on-campus program offers several different areas of study not available online or through the accelerated Adult and Professional Program. Classes are taken on-campus during the day in a traditional college environment. The time required to complete your degree will depend on the program-specific requirements.