Transfer to NNU from Concordia-Portland
You matter. And so does continuing your education.
Like so many around this region, we were shocked and grieved to hear the news about Concordia University-Portland closing its doors. And, we are well aware that what we are feeling is only a fraction of what you—as Concordia students-—must be experiencing. There are so many questions and emotions that accompany such great loss. We want you to know that the NNU community is praying for you during this difficult time. We know in the coming days and weeks there will be many questions you will have and decisions you will have to make. We’re here to help and already have several plans in place to guide you through this process.
Automatic Scholarships & Expedited Admission
Currently, we are offering all Concordia-Portland students:
- A $7,000 automatic grant for traditional undergraduate students, renewable annually, on top of other aid available to Concordia transfer students. This means that Concordia students will receive an average financial aid award between $13,000 and $17,000
- Be one of the first 10 graduate students to commit from Concordia, and receive a $500 NNU scholarship
- 100% of completed credits will be transferable (C minus and higher). Our Registrar and Faculty will work on individual plans for students to ensure graduation within a similar timeframe as you would have had at Concordia
- Expedited admissions (with all admission fees waived) and financial aid consideration
- Dedicated admissions counselors who can talk one-on-one, explore options, answer questions and help personalize a plan that will help you finish what you have started
A $300 travel reimbursement is available for traditional undergraduate students who visit campus from Concordia University.
To redeem travel reimbursement for your NNU visit:
- Schedule an official campus visit through the Undergraduate Office of Admissions before May 31, 2020.
- Send us a copy of your travel receipt.
- Visit campus and receive your reimbursement.
NNU will reimburse any public transportation such as commercial planes, trains or buses up to $300, but will not cover the cost of fuel for cars or any use of personal mileage. This reimbursement is only for the cost of the student's ticket and may only be applied to one visit. Travel reimbursement must be applied to an official campus visit event coordinated through the Office of Admissions. Recruited NCAA athletes are not eligible for this program.
Steps You Can Take Right Now
As you contemplate your options for completing your education, we’d encourage you to:
- See if NNU offers your program of study (even if you don’t see the exact program you are currently pursuing, you should still give an admissions counselor a call to see how we can help)
- Explore NNU’s spiritual life, campus life, and community
- Consider NNU's fully online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs that empower you to complete your degree without relocating
- If NNU looks like it may be a good fit for continuing your educational journey, apply for expedited admission (remember that your application fees are waived)
We're Ready to Answer Your Questions
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our admissions counselors who are ready to help you explore options and answer questions as you determine the best pathway for you to finish your education.
1-877-NNU-4-YOU or (208) 467-8000
Discover Your Undergraduate Program at NNU
Like Concordia-Portland, NNU offers an excellent education within the context of a supportive Christian community and emphasizes the importance of a transformational education that encourages students to live lives of purpose. We would love to partner with you, as you build upon the foundation you have received at Concordia-Portland, to make the journey to your goals as easy and seamless as possible for you.
Featured Graduate Programs at NNU
The programs featured here are similar to some degrees found at Concordia University, Portland.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
At NNU you'll find a convenient Master of Business Administration program with classes online. Designed for the working adult, NNU's Masters degree in business takes into account your schedule and your experience. Take two courses at a time for eight-week periods and you can be done in just 16 months.
Master of Education (MEd)
At NNU you'll find a M.Ed. Curriculum, Instruction & Innovation program and a M.Ed. Educational Leadership: Building Administrator degree programs in which Students have the convenience of a fully online program with an option to meet with faculty online to enhance learning and to build community.
Education Specialist Degrees (EdS)
Go beyond a master's degree. An education specialist degree from Northwest Nazarene University advances the academic preparation and teaching skills of experienced classroom teachers and instructional leaders. From a university with a century-long legacy of teaching and learning, NNU offers educational leaders the opportunity to seek education beyond the master's level with NNU's education specialist degrees.
Doctoral Programs in Education (EdD and PhD)
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree programs are designed to provide advanced study and research for educators interested in educational leadership.