Spring 2011 Chapel - January 12th
Words & the Word
Opening Chapel Message
January 12, 2011
Welcome back! Welcome to the Spring Semester of 2011. Welcome new students!
I. Words II. The Word Became Flesh
Remember these words, penned by John in his gospel.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. John 1: 1-3
I John 1: 1, 2this is the secret: Christ lives in youthThe World is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education. Take a look at the ten developments that the author identifies as having the potential to change the way we learn and what we learn.
Curtis Bonk. The World Is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education
Web Learning Opportunities
1. Web Searching in the World of E-Books
2. E-Learning and Blended Learning
3. Availability of Open Source and Free Software
4. Leveraged Resources and OpenCourseWare
5. Learning Object Repositories and Portals
6. Learner Participation in Open Information Communities
7. Electronic Collaboration
8. Alternate Reality Learning
9. Real-Time Mobility and Portability
The Decline of the Secular UniversityV. Words, the Word & YouHe was in the world, and the world came into being through him; ye the world did not know him. He came to what was his own, and his own people did not accept him. But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God. John 1: 10-13