Graduate & Accelerated Degree Financial Aid Officer
NORTHWEST NAZARENE UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Graduate and Accelerated Degree Financial Aid Officer
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 85-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers programs online as well as in Boise, Idaho Falls, McCall, Twin Falls and in cooperation with programs in 10 countries. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, more than 6,000 continuing education students, and 2,300 high school students through the concurrent credit program. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the west. The university’s location in the southwest part of the state allows easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting. The proximity to Boise, the state’s capital, offers cultural amenities such as the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra, Boise Master Chorale, Opera Idaho, Ballet Idaho, Riverside Jazz Orchestra, and the Boise Art Museum. The university is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene.
Description of Position
The position of Graduate and Accelerated Degree Financial Aid Officer (GFAO) at Northwest Nazarene University is part of the student recruitment and retention efforts within the Office of Enrollment Services. The GFAO will represent the University for the primary purpose of promoting graduate and accelerated degree (non-traditional) student enrollment and retention at the University. This officer is a member of the financial aid staff and will have responsibility for financial aid activities for graduate and accelerated degree (non-traditional) students. The GFAO will assist in the coordination and the delivery of related services to our graduate and accelerated degree (non-traditional) students. Our program requires a strong, committed individual willing to manage all aspects of enrollment services; seeking to convert prospects to applicants, applicants to matriculates, matriculates to returning students, and returning students to alumni. The GFAO reports directly to the Director of Financial Aid, a middle manager under the Vice-President for Enrollment Services and Marketing. This position is classified as Exempt.
- Represent NNU in a professional manner to the general public, during NNU sponsored events, and in the presence of constituencies of the Church of the Nazarene for the purpose of student recruitment, retention, and the promotion of NNU's programs
- Create contact networks including businesses, pastors, schools, state, and federal associations
- Responsible for financial aid casework and compliance with federal, state and institutional policy and guidelines
- Oversee and work directly with students throughout the financial aid process
- Participate in official and ad hoc committee assignments as directed
- Process applications and award financial aid
- Provide information on student accounts
- Maintain and coordinate approximately 200 graduate and non-traditional student budgets and package approximately 800-900 students each year
- Maintain web information as it relates to financial aid for graduate and accelerated degree programs
- Coordinate with campus offices (including but not limited to graduate admissions, registrar, and student accounts) to ensure proper documentation tracking student enrollment, GPA, and award status, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned based upon the specific qualifications of the applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU
- Must possess the skills, talents, and ability to perform the requirements of the position
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of Title IV financial aid regulations and delivery systems
- Must possess ability to interact with students and NNU personnel in a positive manner
- Excellent computer skills are required
- Ability to work individually or within a team
- Must possess strong organizational, analytical, fiscal management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as well as the ability to give presentations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including travel and extended hours during peak times
- Must possess the ability to multi-task
- Must possess the ability to maintain high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Must maintain a positive demeanor
- Ability to adapt and accept change
- Master's degree
- Academic, administrative experience of at least five years in a financial aid office, banking, counseling, or previous higher education position
- Experience in working with distance adult learners
- Experience in CARS/Jenzabar
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant, with a range of $29,500 to $35,000. Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
Send, fax or email complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted - October 24, 2014. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted, and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).