NORTHWEST NAZARENE UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
Northwest Nazarene University
Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), a comprehensive Christian university, offers over 60 areas of study, 19 master’s degrees in seven different disciplines and one doctoral degree. In addition to its 85-acre campus located in Nampa, Idaho, the University also offers programs online as well as in Boise, Idaho Falls, McCall, Twin Falls and in cooperation with programs in 10 countries. Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, more than 6,000 continuing education students, and 2,300 high school students through the concurrent credit program. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top master’s level universities in the west. The university’s location in the southwest part of the state allows easy access to local ski resorts, mountain hiking, and river rafting. The proximity to Boise, the state’s capital, offers cultural amenities such as the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra, Boise Master Chorale, Opera Idaho, Ballet Idaho, Riverside Jazz Orchestra, and the Boise Art Museum. The university is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene.
Description of Position
The Admissions Counselor represents the university for the purpose of promoting student interest in enrollment. The Admissions Counselor is a member of the Enrollment Services team and has responsibility for recruitment activities in identified recruitment constituencies. The Admissions Counselor position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Admissions and works closely with the Vice President for Enrollment Services and Marketing. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Strategic planning of recruitment process and goal-setting processes
- Participate in education activities and belong to professional organizations to facilitate the promotion of NNU
- Plan, implement, and conduct sales and recruiting activities to target the counselor's identified constituencies
- Travel may include out of state sales and recruitment activities at churches and schools, participating in summer camps, youth group activities, college fairs, and other sales and recruitment events
- Develop and deliver sales presentations to promote NNU and her programs
- Research and maintain up-to-date information on competing schools to facilitate persuasive and successful sales conversations in the promotion of NNU and her programs
- Counsel prospective students on college choices as well as admissions and financial aid procedures
- Initiate, develop, and maintain professional relationships with prospective students and their parents
- Initiate, develop, and maintain professional relationships with pastors, youth leaders, NYI leaders, high school counselors, and other school influencers
- Manage and maintain assertive phone and email contact with potential and future NNU students
- Fulfill other duties as developed within the Office of Enrollment and Marketing, which may include: liaison activities with various collegiate units on campus and coordination of special recruitment efforts
- Coordinate the recruitment of an assigned segment of prospective student population. The designation of this segment depends upon qualifications and present needs
- Other duties as assigned based upon the special qualifications of the individual
- Bachelor's degree is required
- All candidates must have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU and be willing to help advance the spiritual goals of the University.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and enthusiastically with students, parents, pastors, and other constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- Must be willing to travel (% of time depends upon recruitment assignment) and extended work hours are required
- Must be comfortable with contacting prospects via the telephone
- The candidate must demonstrate high motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, use deductive reasoning, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines in a deadline-oriented environment, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Computer skills, including word processing, email and internet applications
- Ability to represent the values and spirit of a private Christian liberal arts university to all of its constituencies
- Current knowledge of NNU
- Experience in sales/marketing is highly desirable
Salary will be determined by the educational background and experience of each applicant. Full-time, exempt personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, annual leave, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received. Complete application packet will include the following:
Send, fax or email completed application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Posted - June 29, 2015. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted, and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).