Health Benefits 2013-14
NNU's medical coverage provider is Blue Cross of Idaho. If you have questions about your medical or health benefits, the Office of Human Resources is available to assist you! The NNU Human Resources Office can be reached by
Email: hr(at)nnu.edu or Phone: (208)467-8036.
- For employees hired after Open Enrollment, please complete the Blue Cross 2013 Enrollment Form
- Mid-year Enrollments due to a Change (qualifying event): If your family has had changes, such as adoptions, births, change in marital status, etc., please contact the HR Office for instructions on enrollments and coverage changes. Any changes desired due to a qualifying event must be made within 30 days of the qualifying event.
Additional Documents, Forms and Help
You can now register on the Blue Cross site for extra help with claims and benefits. There are also several documents available below for you to read through.
- Blue Cross 2013 Plan Summary
- Blue Cross Summary of Benefits and Coverages
- Blue Cross Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
- Blue Cross Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Extras
- Blue Cross Wellness Care
- Blue Cross CVS/Caremark Prescriptions
- Reimbursement Claim Form (Accident)
For live assistance with claims and coverage questions:
- Blue Cross of Idaho Customer Service: (208) 331-7347
- Prior authorization/care management, call: (208) 331-7535
- Main Fax Number: 208-331-7311
- Medicare transition team: 1-888-492-2583
- Mailing Address:
Blue Cross of Idaho
P.O. Box 7408
Boise, ID 83707
To access information on the Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage, click HERE.
CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program)
To access the state Children's Health Insurance document, click HERE.
Vision & Dental Policies
Dental and vision benefits are now managed by providers other than Blue Cross. See below for information on those benefit plans and how to access your benefits.
VSP Vision Care
NNU contracts with VSP to service vision care benefits. When visiting a VSP vision care professional, you do not need an insurance card. All you need is your employer's name and your own information for their office to look up your benefits.
Shortly after you enroll, you should receive a packet in the mail containing your benefit cards and site login information. Please notify the HR Office if you do not receive your plan information. You may email, hr(at)nnu.edu, or call (208)467-8036. Follow the links below for additional information.
If you choose Willamette Dental as your dental provider, you will receive a packet in the mail with your benefits and policy information.
To get extra help or information, follow these links below:
- Find a Dentist
- Schedule an Appointment
- Willamette Dental Enrollment Form 2013-14 (for employees hired after Open Enrollment)
- Willamette Dental Summary 2013-14
- Willamette Dental Waiver (for employees who do not choose a dental plan)
- To request charts or x-rays:
Click here to download the chart request form. Please submit your completed form and payment to the dental office where you receive your care, or you may mail it to:
Willamette Dental Group
ATTN: Records Department
6950 NE Campus Way
Hillsboro, OR 97124
2013-14 Benefit Election Summary & Surcharge Acknowledgment
To access the 2013-2014 Benefits Election Summary form, click HERE. This form will need to be completed and returned to the Human Resource Office when making changes to your medical, dental or vision insurance.
If you have enrolled your spouse in the NNU medical insurance, please click HERE for the required Supplmental Surcharge Acknowledgment form. Complete this form on an annual basis and return to the Human Resource Office.