In the event of a sudden death on campus, Northwest Nazarene University's response is developed to assist the campus at all levels be able to work through the many issues that may be related to the death. The first University employee who is at the scene of the incident has the responsibility to initiate the campus response by:
1. Calling 911 (or verifying that 911 has been called) and ensuring the incident is reported so proper authorities are involved.
2. Calling 8911 (Campus Security) to allow Security to assist with the situation and to assure that the appropriate school authorities will be involved.
3. Detaining any witnesses with whom authorities may need to speak.
4. Securing the area in case of suicide or crime scene.
5. Calming others that may be present.