Personal Crisis, Violent or Criminal Behavior
Everyone is asked to assist in making the campus a safe place by being alert to suspicious situations and promptly reporting them. If you are a victim or a witness to dangerous behavior (a threat to life or properties, self inflicted or otherwise) on campus, remain calm, avoid any risk to your safety and take the following steps.
- Call 9-911 and the Campus Safety at 8911, be ready to give the requested information on:
- Location of the incident.
- Nature of the incident (rape, suicide, break-in, etc).
- Description of person(s) involved (in case of violent crime, do not put yourself in danger to get a description).
- Description of property involved.
- Assist the officers when they arrive by supplying them with all additional information and ask others to cooperate.
- Should gunfire, weapons, or explosives be involved, avoid the incident. Take cover. Leave your cover, or seek first aid for the injured only when safe to do so. Call 9-911 and then Campus Safety at 8911 if violence of this nature is involved.