In the event of a Serious Illness or Injury on campus, assess the situation and call 9-911 if the situation warrants (remember, safety is our first concern). The campus nurse is available at the NNU Wellness Center (extension 8466) Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - noon, by appointment only. Walk in clinic Monday through Friday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m...
- Apply direct pressure on the wound.
- Elevate the body part.
- Have another person call 9-911 if necessary, and then call Campus Safety at 8911.
- Do not apply a tourniquet.
- If CPR-trained, follow correct procedures. If not CPR-trained, keep victim flat on his or her back and tilt their head slightly back to maintain the airway.
- Check for medical emergency ID bracelet.
- Telephone 9-911.
- Chemical Burns - Flood burn area with cold water for 15 minutes.
- Blistered Burns - Keep victim quiet and comfortable.
- Telephone 9-911 as necessary or Campus Safety at 8911.
FRACTURES & SPRAINS:
- Keep the victim still.
- Keep injured area immobile.
- Contact 9-911, and Campus Safety at 8911