In the event of an explosion in the building, employees should take the following actions:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, or other such objects which will give protection against flying glass and debris.
- After the effects of the explosion have subsided, call 9-911 and then Campus Safety at 8911.
- If necessary, activate the building fire alarm system.
- Evacuate the building (there may be a second explosion).
- Seek and assist any injured and disabled persons in evacuating the building. Exit via stairway. DO NOT USE the elevators.
- Once outside, move at least 500 feet away from the affected building (staying out of any courtyards). Keep roadways and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.