IN THE EVENT OF A MAJOR CHEMICAL SPILL:
- Keep all persons as far away from the accident scene as possible.
- Call Campus Safety at 8911(or have another person call while the area is isolated) and advise them of the situation.
- Be specific about the nature of the involved material and exact location. Security will notify the proper additional emergency personnel if necessary.
- Detain all persons involved in the accident. They will need to be checked by emergency personnel.
- In the case that a building is evacuated, DO NOT enter the building unless cleared to do so by Campus Safety.
All faculty/staff/students who work in areas where chemicals are used extensively are expected to be familiar with the information and detailed emergency procedures set forth in the current NNU "CHEMICAL HYGIENE PLAN."