If you receive a bomb threat over the telephone, remain calm and follow these procedures:
During the call, try to make the following call evaluations based on the actual conversation:
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
1. When is the bomb going to explode?
2. Where is the bomb right now?
3. What does the bomb look like?
4. What kind of bomb is it?
5. What will cause the bomb to explode?
6. Did you place the bomb?
8. What is your name?
9. What is your address?
10. Where are you right now?
LISTEN FOR THESE BACKGROUND SOUNDS:
* Street Noises
* Animal Noises
* PA System
* Long Distance
* One Ring
* Two Rings
* Office Machinery
* Factory Machinery
* House Noises
* Also take note as to what the details of the voice on the phone were such as male/female, calm/angry, soft/loud, etc.
AFTER THE THREATENING CALL:
* Call 9-911 (At the same time, have someone else call Campus Safety 8911).
* Call Campus Safety 8911 (if no one else was available to call).
* In a calm, orderly manner, evacuate the building to the designated evacuation site.
* Remain at the evacuation site and await further instruction from campus administration or Campus Safety.