Human Research Review Committee
New Submission Procedures
It is the responsibility of the principal investigator to supply copies as outlined below. Copies should include all applicable items: questionnaires, interview schedules, consent and assent documents, permissions, and any other supporting materials.
- Send Electronic copy of original with required signatures, and all attachments in one PDF document to the HRRC: HRRC@NNU.edu.
Ways to avoid the top 10 mistakes made in HRCC submissions:
- Review the HRRC handbook to make sure you understand the requirements.
- Protocol reviewed completely by the supervisor for corrections before submitting to the committee.
- Confirm that the researcher actually intends on doing the research. (Please NO submissions that are not going to be carried out to consume time from the committee)
- Include all permissions from study sites with the original submission.
- Ensure the correct form is used. (Exempt/non-exempt)
- Ensure all choices are read and clearly selected for the following:
- Full/Expedited/Exempt review: (Make sure all and only the correct choices are selected on pages 1 - 4).
- Clarify risk criteria.
- Anonymous/confidential (ONLY circle the one that applies-terms defined in handbook)
- Consent and assent forms need Principle Investigator and Faculty contact information on them and should be separate (not embedded in the report).
- Follow the forms in order, do not modify or change them. Make sure supervisor signature is legible. (Add a new line for printed name, if not on the form)
- Number all pages.
- Spell out abbreviations.
Clinical Research Training
The following faculty have completed the required Clinical Research Training course and turned in their certificate:
- Donna Allen (Communication Studies)
- Glena Andrews (Psychology)
- Jim Bader (Education)
- Catherine Beals (Education)
- Dennis Cartwright (Education)
- Jennifer Chase (Biology)
- Richard Craig (Counseling)
- Heidi Curtis (Education)
- Ezekiel Ette (Social Work)
- Lori Fairgrieve (Counseling)
- Brenda Freeman (Counseling)
- Curtis M. Garner (Counseling)
- Russell Joki (Education)
- Mary Jones (Education)
- Paula Kellerer (Education)
- Lawanna Lancaster (Social Work)
- Barbara Lester (Nursing)
- Lance McGrath (Library)
- Stephen Mountjoy (Education)
- Kattie Payne (Nursing)
- Susan Perkins (Counseling)
- Melanie Person (Counseling)
- Michael Pitts (Counseling)
- E. Michael Poe (Education)
- Al Sanchez (Social Work)
- Lori Sanchez (Education, Psychology)
- Karen Smucker (Education)
- Ron Strohmeyer (Biology)
- Kay Webb (Counseling)
- Eric Werth (Education)
- Loredana Werth (Education)
HRRC Committee Members
Joseph Bankard, Ph.D., Chair
Curtis Garner, EdD
Lawanna Lancaster, Ph.D.
Barbara Lester, Ph.D.
Lance McGrath, M.S.
Ron Strohmeyer, Ph.D.
Loredana Werth, Ph.D.