When the Alumni in Missions wall was established in the Brandt Center a few years ago, the NNU administration established these criteria:
This display is to recognize the hundreds of NNU alumni who have committed at least a year of continuous service in ministry for Christ to people in cross-cultural settings. May their example inspire us all to be faithful servants of the Lord in whatever area we serve.
NNU alumni have a rich and varied history of significant participation in the work of the Gospel around the world, at home and abroad. By the hundreds, they have accepted lifetime assignments in missions, taken long-term appointments or volunteered in short-term mission projects through Work-and-Witness-type programs, medical teams, Jesus Film evangelism and many other kinds of ministries in fulfillment of the Great Commission. They have served the Church of the Nazarene and many other mission-sending organizations bringing honor to their alma mater.
The Alumni in Missions wall was established as a public honor to those who have made significant contributions to missionary service. We encourage all alumni and friends to help us in identifying those who qualify for inclusion on the honor wall and in keeping the wall accurate.
The basic qualifications for inclusion are:
- Be an alumnus of NNU; and
- Have served in a “cross-cultural” setting other than one’s own country, or an urban setting for at least one continuous year.
If you know of someone who meets these criteria, please notify Rhonda Carrim and include as much of the following information as possible:
- Name of the alumnus (including maiden name, if known)
- Year(s) at NNU as a student
- Place(s) of mission service
- Mission organization served in
- Length of continuous service (minimum 1 year)
- Nature of missionary service
- Contact details (or last known location)
You may not know all these details, but please pass on what you do know. Thank you for your help in honoring NNU alumni who have made a significant contribution to cross-cultural missions around the world.