The Center for Professional Development is expanding opportunities!
NNU’s Center for Professional Development (CPD) serves professional students all over the state of Idaho and across the nation. We provide accredited professional development in the areas of K-12 education, counseling, social work, organizational development, HR management and more. In particular, the CPD has a strong relationship with K-12 educators, providing unique and valued professional development resources, accredited courses and credit alignment for districts. We also provide educators with the most courses offered in the Northwest.
We seek to deliver continuing education options and resources that fill needs and fit peoples’ lives. The reputation and connections that the CPD has developed among Idaho’s K-12 communities have brought a number of opportunities. We believe our equitable and strategic pursuit of these opportunities strengthens our alignment with and support of the NNU mission. This holds promise for further evidencing and instilling the values of Service, Community, Truth and Transformation to the larger communities that are tied to NNU through professional learning.
It is with this in view that we would like to share a few of these opportunities with you.
School District PD Planning & Resources
The CPD promotes a consortium/consultant resource model. This means that, not only do we align credit with continuing education, but we also speak into the needs and concerns of educators throughout Idaho. We are positioning ourselves as a support for collaborative dialogue and professional development planning. By developing the following Learning Management Systems (LMS) platforms, the CPD is establishing content specific resources.
- Schoology. Schoology is a web-based LMS & Social Learning Platform geared toward K-12 education, higher education, and K-12professional development. It is one of the most robust and user-friendly free platforms geared toward these communities. We have approached Schoology to use and provide the Schoology LMS as a resource option for Idaho educators. We have been given permission with no territory restrictions) to utilize the Enterprise level platform, to develop courses, to implement best practices for tech integration in all content areas, and to set up consortium and content specific resources. Use of Schoology will secure significant retention and attraction benefits for CPD initiatives.
- Edmodo. Edmodo is a web-based LMS & Social Learning Platform geared toward the K-12 education community. While not as robust as Schoology, Edmodo has gained brand recognition in Idaho. Edmodo asked the CPD to be the premier training provider for Edmodo to Idaho districts.
Positioning CPD as the training and resource provider for both Schoology and Edmodo establishes a stronger commitment to educators and extends excellent resources to the communities that look to NNU for support.
The CPD seeks to support NNU professional development opportunities. If you have a professional learning opportunity that can be extended to an external community or group, please contact one of our team members listed below to see how we may be able to assist you.
- Christa Sandidge for PD program and course design, curriculum planning and LMS integration
- Renee Davis for PD course set up and logistics, and overall CPD office operations
- Cheri Severson for e-Services, LMS support and online course offerings
- Candy Silveria for transcript ordering and enrollment questions
- Kat McGowan for district and office billing, adjunct instructor support and policy support
- Dave Covington, director, for PD strategy, program design, planning and marketing, vendors and partnerships, and resource management
- Evening of Chamber Music Tues., Apr. 22
- Crusader Choir and Orchestra presents "Great…