The Boise Philharmonic was established in 1961 and has continued to grow into an artistic and cultural leader within our community. Going into our 51st Concert season – A new era begins! Conducted by Robert Franz, we are connecting with over 60,000 audience members within each concert season (September-May). We are proud to release our updated and most wonderful 2012-2013 Casual Classics season.
This concert structure is an hour long concert that is guided tours of great music. Join in as the Philharmonic breaks down the barriers ending hundreds of years of an “us and them” mentality in the concert hall. Enjoy great music by the full Boise Philharmonic or members of the orchestra in a more intimate setting. Stay after, if you choose, for an informal question and answer period, and meet the maestro, the musicians, and the guest artists.
Concert Dates and Information:
- Saturday, October 13, 2012. 11 a.m., Cathedral of the Rockies; Jazz inspired brass chamber music: Boise Philharmonic Brass Quintet
- Saturday, November 3, 2012. 11 a.m., Cathedral of the Rockies; Made in America, Woodwind music by American Composers: Boise Philharmonic Woodwind Quintet
- Sunday, February 24, 2013. 2 p.m., the Morrison Center; Beethoven 1&9: Boise Philharmonic
- Saturday, March 9, 2013. 11 a.m., Cathedral of the Rockies; Beethoven String Quartets: Boise Philharmonic String Quartet
- Saturday, April 20, 2013. 11 a.m., the Morrison Center; Big Bands with Carl Topilow: Boise Philharmonic
Casual Classic Series Tickets: (Does include ticket to Beethoven 9 on 02/24/13 at $61.50 Value)
$70 for Adults and $50 for Seniors and Children.
Casual Classic Single Tickets: (Except for Beethoven 9 on 02/24/13)
$15 for Adults and $10 for Seniors and Children.