In response to a growing concern regarding the H1N1 virus, Northwest Nazarene University has implemented the following policies for undergraduate students and university employees consistent with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• Mobile hand sanitizers are placed in high traffic areas
• Residence Halls are stocked with disposable thermometers and informational posters
• Wellness Center available for on-site assessment and treatment
• An effort will be made to isolate ill students from the general student population
• Students are encouraged to identify a location off campus for convalescence in the event that they become ill
• Students with chronic health conditions are encouraged to protect themselves from exposure to infection, including staying temporarily off campus if possible, in the event that an outbreak occurs at the universityThose with the Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) are asked to refer to the policy for specific prevention recommendations and response instructions. For more information, view theUndergraduate Student H1N1Policyand theFaculty H1N1 Policyonline.