Admission Requirements & ChecklistApply Online »
The student will have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent, which should include at least 8 semester/12 quarter credits in Biblical Studies, Christian Theology and/or Western Philosophy, and evidence an overall GPA of 2.5, or 3.0 in the last 30 semester/45 quarter credits.
Students with academic deficiencies because of low GPA or lack of religion courses may be admitted into the program on a provisional basis. All deficiencies must be remediated during the first year of the program.
Students should also have some experience in ministry, either professionally or as a volunteer, and be prepared to apply their course work to their present assignment. A minimum of two years of experience is recommended.
1. Submit our online application form;
2. Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee, which is payable on the online application form or by contacting the NNU Business Office at 208-467-8010;
3. Submit an official transcript from the undergraduate institution from which you graduated reflecting all individual courses taken. Official transcripts for graduate work should also be submitted if it relates to a theological discipline. Students who earn degrees outside of the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES) to ensure undergraduate degree equivalents. All official transcripts must be mailed directly to:
Northwest Nazarene University
Graduate Admissions Dept.
Attn: Marilyn Holly
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686-5897
4. Provide three total recommendations, one from each of the following:
- The prospective student's present district superintendent or equivalent ecclesiastical superior;
- Someone who can evaluate the prospective student's previous academic performance, such as a college professor or administrator; and
- An adult lay person who knows the prospective student well, or the prospective student's senior pastor if he or she is in staff ministry.
Recommendations should be completed using the online recommendation form.
5. During their online orientation course, all students are required to complete a National Sex Offender & Criminal Background Check.
6. If English is not your primary language, proficiency must be determined by successful completion of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 85, with writing and speaking no less than a score of 22, and no score under 20. Please note that all online courses at NNU are taught in English.