Residential LifeApply »
Residential Life at NNU
Northwest Nazarene University is distinctly a Residential Campus, and proud to offer that to you! We have found that one of the best ways to get an education and develop as a person, both in and out of the classroom, is to live and learn on campus with your peers. We offer a full-time, well-trained staff of professionals who live in community with you, to help each student learn, connect and grow.
You will discover the value of an on-campus experience by the relationships you will establish when sharing a room, hanging out in wing and hall events, parties, small groups, Bible studies, community service, study groups and the time spent living in a community that shares your goals, experiences, and values.
Economically, living on campus will help you as you establish your academic career. Residential living provides clean, updated living spaces, with utilities, internet and phone all included in the semester costs. No commuting costs, no monthly billing to worry about, just a conveniently located room or apartment with free parking, security and shared indoor and outdoor spaces for gathering with friends.
We look forward to you joining our community and becoming a vital part of our campus.
It is now possible to download application forms in Portable Document Format (PDF). Adobe PDF files require Acrobat Reader Software from Adobe Systems Inc. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat or are not sure, click here to download a free version:
The forms you print must be clear and sharp. Applications that are blurred or illegible will not be accepted. They must be printed in black print on white paper. The paper must be 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, with no holes or perforations, at least medium (20 lb.) weight, and with a matte surface.
All full-time, unmarried students are required to live on campus and eat in the dining hall, unless the following criteria is met and approved by the Exceptions Committee:
- Students who demonstrate extreme financial hardship or work in an approved residence for board and room. (Please fill out Financial Estimate form).
- Students who have reached their 22nd birthday, have senior standing, or graduated from high school 36 months previously. This criteria must be met prior to start of classes for the respective semester.
What to Bring
Ford & Culver:
- XL twin sheets and bedding
- Trash can
- Towels/wash cloths
- Desk lamp
- Caddy for toiletries
- Power strip
- Laundry basket & supplies (quarters for w/d)
- Cleaning supplies (for sinks in Ford)
- Dishes for microwave
- Dish soap
- Hooks for over main door and closet doors
- Organization system for under beds
- Small rug in front of sink (Ford)
- Desk supplies
- Command strips for walls (removable sticky strips)
- Small fridge and/or microwave
Dooley & Sutherland:
- Same as above
- Regular length twin sheets/bedding
Corlett, Olsen, Holly & Duplex:
- Same as above
- Small kitchen appliances (including toasters)
- Cleaning Supplies (bath/kitchen)
- Dust buster
- Furniture (beds, dressers provided)
- DO NOT need mini fridge
Do Not Bring
- Toaster oven or hot plate
- Animals (except fish)