Life GroupsApply »
2013-2014 Life Group Leaders
Life Group leaders serve as small group leaders in the Freshman dormitories Ford and Culver. Life Groups meet weekly throughout the school year. Below you can find your Life Group Leader's name. If you'd like to get in contact either e-mail them directly or contact Julene Tegerstrand at jtegerstrand(at)nnu.edu or call (208) 467-8338
Ford Hall Life Group Leaders
Culver Hall Life Group Leaders
Upper Classmen Life Group Leaders
Life Group Leaders work to create Christian community through study of scripture, prayer, fellowship and service.
· A community that fosters LIFE. When Jesus prayed for his disciples he said, “Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” ( John 17:2) So ultimately we want to know God more because this is a life-giving endeavor.
· A community that is formed by Holy Scripture. The Bible is one of the most important resources for Spiritual Formation. Scripture is where we turn when we are learning to listen for God; we learn who we are and whose we are. (Revelation 3:19, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 1: 1, 1 Corinthians 1-2)
· A community that prays. God wants a relationship with us and God is initiating this relationship. In fact God created human persons for relationship. We respond to God’s relational invitations through prayer. Prayer can take on many forms: spoken, silent, praying with scripture, Lectio Divina, contemplative, etc. (Gen 1-2, 1 Kings 19: 9b-14, Psalm 42:7-8, Psalm 46: 10, Mathew 6:10-14, Mark 1: 35-39, Hebrews 4:12)
· A community that promotes fellowship. All of us need a place where we can be known and where we share our life together with others. We bring ourselves and our gifts to share with each other. (Acts 4:32, Romans 12: 1-8, 1 Corinthians 12: 12-26)
· A community that loves to serve. We create a space where students can come to know they are loved by this God who is love. Out of this growing sense of beloved-ness we foster ways in our community where we can show our love for others. In the way of Jesus we look for ways of serving others. (John 13:35; I Cor. 13, Galatians 5: 13-14, 1 John: 7-21)