D-Group LeadersApply »
"Becoming Disciples As We Go"
D-Group leaders will lead a group in:
Learning how to follow Jesus together.
Growing through spiritual practices.
Journeying with one another.
Application to be a D-Group Leader can be downloaded HERE
Two leader tracks:
- Serve as a D-Group leader in the freshman dorms with same gendered students. (4 women, 3 men leaders)
- Serve as a D-Group leader to students campus wide These groups can be made up of friends, people in your major, transfer students, etc. These groups can be mixed gender or same gender. (7 group leaders)
· 3 hours a week volunteer commitment on average
· Attend a weekly 11am Tuesday meeting for the academic year
· Invite students to join in with your weekly D-group.
· Lead a weekly small group
· Support and encourage other D-group leaders
· Work with Office of Spiritual Formation to plan “all small group events” each semester
· Participate in spring training on Tuesday, April 22 at 7pm-8pm
· Participate in: Pre-Lead Retreat--August 17 (Begins at 8am), Lead Retreat—August 18-21, New Student Orientation---August 22-24. Freshman D-Group leaders be available for freshman retreat—August 30-September 1.
· Find and meet with a spiritual companion/mentor during the school year at least once a month as an element of spiritual self-care.
Application Due: April 10, 2014 by 5pm (Turn it in to Julene Tegerstrand)
Interviews: April 15-16
Selections Announced : April 18
Contact Julene Tegerstrand at jtegerstrand(at)nnu.edu or call (208) 467-8338 for more information.