Thankful for NNU’s Fully Online MDiv & MA Degrees

Facebook0Twitter0Google+0LinkedIn0

Jay Akkerman

Before I dive into that Thanksgiving turkey, I want to express my gratitude for Northwest Nazarene University’s School of Theology & Christian Ministries—an institution that believes so fully in the power of online education that it was among the first theological institutions in the world to offer fully online graduate degree programs.

I’m thankful to have had a front-row view of the evolution of our incredible programs and to see our students and our graduates putting their NNU educations to work to make a difference and to be expressions of God in the world.

I’m thankful for all the ways my students inspire me. Yes, it’s my job to inspire them, but I have to say, one of the best parts of teaching is the learning that goes with it—for me. I’ve lost track of the ways my students have helped me to grow, learn and to stretch.

I’m thankful for the people who take time to write me a card, letter, email or text to say how grateful they are for our online program. In fact the thickest folder in my desk drawer is the one filled with correspondence from women and men all over the world who write me about how NNU’s programs have made a difference in their lives—or in their congregations. As you can imagine, when I need a boost—I reach for that folder.

Arlington Oregon Church Fire

ncnnews.com photo

I’m thankful that in difficult times, I can connect to our community of faculty and of students—present and past. I did that just recently after hearing one of my former students, Pastor David Gossett, and his congregation were dealing with a second arson attempt at their church, the Arlington (OR) Church of the Nazarene. This time, the blaze engulfed their historic building completely. I watched this news video and was filled with gratitude for the way David handled himself. I know our NNU community will continue to offer prayers—and hands and dollars—in support.

If you want more than just a diploma, but a Master of Divinity or Master of Arts education you can be thankful for, please RSVP for an interactive chat on Friday, December 6 at 11 a.m. (MST). During this free online event, I’ll answer your questions about our online graduate degree offerings. Together, we’ll find the program that fits you best.

In the meantime, would you please pass the turkey and gravy?

- Jay Akkerman
E-mail Me

comments powered by Disqus