October 22 ProfTalk explores missional discipleship

Facebook13Twitter0Google+1LinkedIn1
Mark A. Maddix, Ph.D. Professor of Practical Theology & Christian Discipleship Dean, School of Theology and Christian Ministries

Mark A. Maddix, Ph.D.
Professor of Practical Theology & Christian Discipleship
Dean, School of Theology and Christian Ministries

Where does discipleship end and evangelism begin? How can we connect faithfully with our neighbors as an authentic expression of our faith?

If you’re interested in exploring and discussing missional discipleship, please join me for Northwest Nazarene University’s next ProfTalk at 4 p.m. (MDT), Tuesday, Oct. 22.

During this live online forum, I’ll explore what it means to be missional disciples and also share with you examples of how congregations are engaging in mission outside their walls as found in Missional Discipleship: Partners in God’s Redeeming Mission, which I co-edited with my colleague Jay Akkerman.

Most of discipleship focuses on aspects of education, mentoring, and catechism but often neglects the role that missional service plays in forming and shaping us as faithful disciples. Missional disciples believe that as we serve, we experience and encounter God, ultimately forming—and transforming—us.

During this free online event for both clergy and laypersons, we’ll explore the following questions—and I hope many others:

• In what ways is your congregation involved in missional discipleship?
  • In what ways are you engaged in mission?
  • What inherent barriers keep us from engaging in missional discipleship?

RSVP now for this important event. We’ll also take time to answer any questions you might have about the ten fully online Master of Divinity and Master of Arts tracks offered through NNU’s School of Theology & Christian Ministries. Please join me.

comments powered by Disqus
11
Oct 2013
POSTED BY
DISCUSSION 0 Comments
TAGS

, ,