Working with Youth? Tune in to ProfTalk with Mike Kipp

Facebook32Twitter0Google+0LinkedIn0
Dr. Mike Kipp

Dr. Mike Kipp
Director of Youth, Church & Culture Program

Youth Minister? Volunteer? Grandparent? Parent? If you want to better understand the young people in your life, then join me for Northwest Nazarene University’s ProfTalk: “21 is the New 16:Extended Adolescence,” an online forum at 1 p.m. (MDT), Tuesday, Sept. 17.

As an associate professor of youth and family ministries, and as the program director for NNU’s Master of Arts specialization in Youth, Church & Culture, I frequently hear people express their frustrations about youth today. Their comments often start with, “Well, when I was their age…” and include questions like, “Why don’t they just grow up?”

But the truth is, the world a 16 year old faces today is much, much different than the one encountered by their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents. It’s led to a very real phenomenon known as “Extended Adolescence,” which we’ll define and explore during my ProfTalk. I’ll help you better understand how this culture shift came about—and what we can do to better minister to the young people in our lives. I’ll also help you go beyond “business as usual” in your church youth ministry.

RSVP now for this important event.

It’s open to everybody. You’ll even have the chance to ask questions about the fully online graduate theology degrees offered through NNU’s School of Theology & Christian Ministries. Please join me.

comments powered by Disqus