“Great reviews” draw student to NNU’s Online MBA Program

Facebook0Twitter0Google+1LinkedIn0
Brenda Freymiller

Brenda Freymiller

About a year into her Masters Degree in Business Administration studies at  Northwest Nazarene University, Brenda Freymiller moved from Idaho to Utah.

“Thanks to the online option, I didn’t miss a beat with classwork,” says Brenda, 44, a nurse manager at Intermountain Health System in Salt Lake City, Utah. “It was nice to know I didn’t have to look at finding another program to transfer into halfway through the coursework.”

Convenience was one of the reasons Brenda was attracted to NNU’s online MBA program, which she started in summer 2012 and expects to complete in summer 2014.

“I could better work it around my busy life,” she explains. “I liked the idea of not being tied down to having to physically attend classes on certain days of the week. I was also unsure of where life was going to take me and as it turns out the online option was the best for me.”

She was also drawn to the program’s reputation.

“I had spoken to other people who had completed the program and they all gave great reviews of the program and the opportunities that were opened to them after they completed it,” she says.

Brenda chose to pursue the Healthcare emphasis, one of five areas of emphasis offered through NNU. The others are:

• Finance
  • Global Business
  • Leadership
  • Operations Management

“With all the changes that are happening with legislation and the need for change in the current system, I thought the MBA would put me in a place to be part of helping facilitate those changes,” she says of her decision to pursue the Healthcare emphasis. “I have learned so much about the business side of healthcare. Instead of wondering why administration or insurance companies react and behave the way they do, I now understand why they make those difficult decisions and am more tolerant of the system as a whole. I have also become very strong in my own opinions about what seems to work and not work. When I hear administration discuss a particular problem or issue, I feel I have something to offer to the discussion to help solve it.”

Brenda says her professors have been “wonderful” and extremely helpful. “When I was struggling with finding resources for a particular paper topic, my professor helped me find some resources and gave me direction for how to develop the paper. Even with it being an online program, I felt very much like she cared and wanted me to succeed.”

She believes her studies have helped her to become a better manager.

“The focus on leadership and organizational development as well as the nuts and bolts of business processes are giving me a level of knowledge that will help me to advance. I have a confidence now that I didn’t have before.”

She believes earning her MBA through NNU will open up a lot of options in the future.

“I think what I really want is to be able to contribute to a quality organization and be an integral part in helping develop new ideas to improve our healthcare delivery system, one project and one patient at a time,” she says.

Inspired by Brenda to pursue your online MBA at NNU? Then please request more information.

comments powered by Disqus