NNU’s Online MBA Perfect Fit for This RN

Facebook105Twitter0Google+1LinkedIn0
Keith Baker

Keith “KC” Baker and his wife, Vija

Since 2005, Keith “KC” Baker has been a nurse in the Cardiac CathLab at St. Alphonsus Medical Center in Nampa. So when he decided to pursue a master’s degree, many assumed he would choose a Master of Science degree program in nursing. They were surprised when he chose the online Masters Degree in Business Administration at Northwest Nazarene University.

“While I truly love providing patient care, I believe my innate strengths are directing me toward an administrative role,” he says. “I believe that the MBA will serve me better.”

NNU’s online MBA was an ideal fit for the 46-year-old, father of two daughters, who are both in college. “The convenience of online programming is hard to beat,” KC says. “Certainly online courses may prove to be a bit more work at times, but one can develop a family/work/school routine that makes this manageable.”

KC started the MBA program with the fundamentals course in March 2012. He turned in his capstone paper last November, completing the program in just 19 months. He plans to participate in commencement in the spring.

One of the reasons KC chose NNU was because of the “wonderful reputation” the school has for providing a high quality education. Once in the program he was highly impressed by his professors.

“I can’t say enough about the faculty,” he says. “Many have strong backgrounds in business, industry and government, and all are highly qualified and motivated educators.”

KC hopes his online MBA from NNU will result in a leadership position in the healthcare industry.

“My work with NNU has provided me with more than just a credential. I am walking away with truly useable tools that will make me more effective in the administrative/executive roles that I see myself in.”

If KC’s story inspires you to pursue an online MBA at NNU, then complete this short request for more information form.

comments powered by Disqus