Make 2014 the Year You Pursue Your MBA Online

Facebook0Twitter0Google+1LinkedIn0

JanuaryAs 2013 comes to a close, likely you’re contemplating your New Year’s resolutions. How about this one: Earn your Masters Degree in Business Administration—online—through Northwest Nazarene University.

Perhaps your mind is already at work coming up with excuses. Let me walk you through a few of the ones I hear most frequently:

1. I’ll do it later. You know the saying: No time like the present. There’s never an ideal time. Like Nike says, “Just do it.”
  2. I can’t afford it. I’ll turn that around for you: You can’t afford not to. Earning your MBA is a great investment in yourself. And once you have that degree in hand, doors to higher-paying jobs will likely open. Also you can take advantage of our monthly payment plans, or consider asking your family, friends or church community to assist you. Another saying: “Where there’s a will, there’s a way!”
  3. My children are too young. Again, there’s never a perfect time. But the great part about pursuing your MBA online is you can wait until your children are in bed to tackle your studies.
  4. I’ll wait until my children graduate from college. Tempting. But by earning your MBA, you’ll serve as inspiration to your children. They’ll feel that if you can do it, they can do it, too.
  5. There’s no time. The truth is, there likely is time. You just might have to give up something to make time. We can always find time for the things that are important to us.
  6. I’m not computer savvy. You don’t have to know html coding, but you do need to know your way around Word and Excel. Bring yourself up to speed in those two areas and you’ll be good to go.
  7. I might be moving. That’s the beauty of online learning. It’s portable so even if you move across the continent or across the world, you can keep up with your coursework.
  8. I’m too old. Or “I earned my undergraduate degree too long ago.” Will it take you time to adjust? Sure. But it also takes new (young) college graduates time to adjust to the rigors of an MBA program, too. Like them, you CAN do this!
  9. I don’t have a business degree. We accept students from all degree backgrounds and provide foundational courses to prepare you for your core courses.
Brenda G. Johnson, D.B.A.

Brenda G. Johnson, D.B.A.

If you’re ready to set aside those excuses and make one of your best New Year’s resolutions ever, then I invite you to fill out a short request for more information.

Here’s to a great New Year!

-Dr. Brenda Johnson
MBA Director

comments powered by Disqus