Focus: NNU Business Dean Steve Mountjoy

Facebook0Twitter3Google+0LinkedIn4
Steve Mountjoy

Dr. Steve Mountjoy
Dean of the School of Business and Economics

Dr. Steve Mountjoy, Dean of the School of Business and Economics at Northwest Nazarene University (NNU), came to NNU seven years ago because he was attracted to the university’s high academic standards and Christian orientation.

Those are a couple of the reasons he believes prospective students should consider NNU for their online MBA.

“The program is mature and well designed; the faculty, seasoned and gifted,” he says of the MBA program.

Before moving to higher education, Dr. Mountjoy worked in engineering and business for 18 years in large and entrepreneur-oriented businesses. He brings that experience, as well as 15 years in higher ed, to the classroom.

“I can talk theory and show where and how it works in practice,” says Dr. Mountjoy, whose areas of expertise include leadership, ethics, and social entrepreneurship. “I help people get beyond the obvious and pedantic and get to real issues that affect their lives.”

Integrating faith and learning is important to Dr. Mountjoy. “I teach from a historical Christian worldview. It affects the way I see everything and what and how I teach business,” he says. “It is the foundation of everything important in my life, and students benefit from it.”

NNU strives to prepare ethical business leaders in as little as 16 months. Students choose from five areas of emphasis:

• Healthcare
  • Operations Management
  • Finance
  • Global Business
  • Leadership

Ready to learn from people like Dr. Mountjoy? Please submit a request for more information.

comments powered by Disqus