Become an NNU Student
Transfer Admissions Criteria: The minimum requirements to be accepted for transfer students at NNU are as follows:
- Cumulative college GPA of at least 2.0
- Good academic standing at all previous institutions
- Students with fewer than 28 transfer credits will also be evaluated on high school GPA and ACT or SAT scores
Transfer students falling below regular requirements in one or more area may be admitted on provisional status. Call the transfer admissions counselor for more information.
- Fill out our Transfer Student Application. The fall semester enrollment deadline is August 15, and the spring deadline is December 15.
- Request official transcripts directly from all colleges or universities you have attended in order to determine the application of transfer credits. If you are still in progress at another school, please submit an initial or unofficial transcript and plan to order a final official copy when you have completed all coursework there.*
- If you plan on transferring to NNU and have less than 28 college credits upon transfer, plan on submitting:
- ACT or SAT scores. NNU applicants must submit a composite score of 18 or above on the ACT or 1270 or above on the SAT.
- High school transcripts or high school equivalency test scores.
- Fill out the Transfer Student Academic Planning form to start the course scheduling process.
- Complete the NNU Commitment Agreement form. All students in NNU's traditional undergraduate degree programs must agree to a set of lifestyle/code of conduct guidelines as outlined on this form.
- Complete the Immunization Record form (or send a copy of immunization records). This form must be printed due to the requirement of you health provider's signature.
- Complete the Residential Status Agreement form. Please submit this form even if you do not plan to live on campus. Only the first page of the housing form is required for students planning to live off campus. Transfer student under the age of 22 who are not married and do not have children are required to live on campus and must supply an additional form to be considered for an exception to the on-campus housing policy. Find more about our campus housing policy including the off-campus housing application here.
- Apply for financial aid by working with NNU's Office of Financial Aid. Find out more about the transfer financial aid here.
- Pay $250 Advance Deposit by May 15th (fall semester applicants) or November 15th (spring semester applicants) to secure your spot at NNU.
*Failure to disclose attendance at a previous institution could result in dismissal from Northwest Nazarene.