Department of Social Work
Faculty: Mary Curran (Department Chair and Director of the MSW program), Caroline Collins (Title IV-E Scholars' Coordinator), Ezekiel Ette, LeAnn Stensgaard (Director of the B.A. program), Lawanna Lancaster (Field Administrator), Patrece Meza (B.A. Program Field Coordinator), Al Sanchez, Scott Slater (Title IV-E Foster Care/Adoption Coordinator), Terri Theriot
Mission of the Department: The primary program mission is to prepare students for beginning practice in the profession of social work.
Admission to Methods Courses: To qualify for entrance into upper division courses applicable for completion of a degree within the Department of Social Work, students must complete the following requirements:
- Be officially admitted to Northwest Nazarene University
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00
- Declare a major in Social Work
- Complete SOWK1720, SOWK2110, and SOWK2960 or SOWK2970
- Be enrolled in or have taken S0WK2850
- Make application to take methods courses
- Be interviewed by the Social Work faculty
- Be accepted by the Social Work faculty to take methods courses
The student will be placed on probationary status if a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 is not maintained.