Mathematics and Computer Science
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty: Ed Korntved, Barry Myers, Xueyi (Frank) Wang
- Every student should master the basic knowledge in the field of mathematics or computer science.
- Every student should gain the required knowledge to prepare the student for employment after graduation or admission into graduate school.
- Students should learn to think in a creative way but yet be able to express their thoughts in an organized fashion.
- The computer science student should understand the basic principles of the major types of programming languages and other fundamental areas of computer science.
- All students are expected to practice integrity in their daily interaction with their colleagues and in their work.
See Secondary Education: Mathematics Teaching Area, Mathematics First Teaching Field, Mathematics Second Teaching Field