Social Work Graduation Requirements
- Candidates who are accepted as foundation students must complete a minimum of 63 semester credits. Candidates who are accepted as advanced standing students must complete a minimum of 38 semester credits.
- The candidate must complete program requirements with no grade lower than a B- (2.70) and an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
- The candidate must apply for the degree one full semester prior to anticipated degree completion. Deadlines: June 1 for Fall; October 1 for Spring; and January 15 for Summer.
- The candidate must perform satisfactorily in the capstone class (a grade of B or higher).
- The program must be completed satisfactorily within five years of matriculation. In rare cases, when a student can verify that a circumstance beyond his/her control—such as serious medical problems or military duty—is preventing him/her from completing the program within the five-year period, an application for "an extension of time to complete the program" may be submitted. The program director will evaluate the validity of the request and determine the best way to proceed.