The Adult and Professional Program in Elementary Education requires the following items before the student begins the program.
• Application and $50 Registration Fee - application at www.nnu.edu/app-ed
• 2 Letters of recommendation – these are not accepted from family members
• Completion of the General Education classes
• Official transcripts with final grades from all institutions of higher education you have attended
Send to: NNU, Teacher Education, 623 S. University Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686
• Contact the NNU Financial Aid Office and complete the FAFSA
• Passing Compass, ACT, or SAT Scores – please provide documentation showing you have passed the English and Math portions of these tests. Any of these tests will meet the requirement. If you have not taken these tests, or are unable to provide documentation of a passing score, contact the NNU Office of Academic Advising and Testing to schedule a time to take the Compass tests. The tests are $10 each and there are study guides available online. The required scores are below.
Compass English 86 ACT English 21 SAT Verbal 520
Compass Algebra 46 ACT Math 21 SAT Math 550
• Prior to starting the program the PRAXISII Elementary Education Content Knowledge, test 0014 needs to be taken. For more information and registration information go to www.ets.org/praxis.
At the end of the first semester, all students will be required to interview with faculty members to be evaluated for entrance into the Adult and Professional Programs in Education. This process is called Checkpoint 1. In addition to the items listed above, the following are factors in determining acceptance in the program.
- Oral Interview
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Grade of C or better in all Major courses
- Writing Sample
- Field Experience Reports
- Disposition Reports