Individuals (age 23 and above) interested in applying for admissions to College Core should complete the following steps:
- Online Application; located on our website, www.nnu.edu/collegecore and click on Apply Online.
- Two Recommendations; applicants will be asked to have two people recommend them to the program by going to the link, www.nnu.edu/ccrecommendation. They should be familiar with an applicant's ability to successfully pursue the program. Those giving recommendation should not be related to the applicant.
- Financial Aid; if an individual is interested in pursuing financial aid, it will be necessary to submit the FAFSA. Information is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. NNU's school code is 001624. It is also important to visit NNU's Financial Aid web page, www.nnu.edu/financialaid.
- Official Transcripts; required from ALL colleges and universities previously attended and must be requested and sent directly to Northwest Nazarene University, c/o College Core-APP Program, 623 S. University Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686. An official high school transcript is also required from students transferring less than 28 credits.
- Enrollment; complete the enrollment process with the APP College Core Program Coordinator. There is a non-refundable tuition deposit of $150.00 due at the time of enrollment.
- TOEFL; if English is not the applicant's native language, submit a minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) on Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Acceptance will be determined when the above requirements are met AND the individual has an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all previous academic course work. Individuals with a GPA of less than 2.0 may apply for provisional acceptance for one semester.