Students wishing to apply to Northwest Nazarene University's Christian Ministry Program must meet the following criteria:
- Earned a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Age 23 or older (exceptions possible).
All Christian Ministry Online applicants are required to submit the following items for review:
- Online application including a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Two recommendation forms. One recommendation must be from a pastor. The other from a person not related to you, i.e. a colleague, supervisor, pastor, etc...
- ALL official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended (regardless of accreditation).
- Official high school transcripts are required from students transferring less than 28 college credits.
Since the Christian Ministries Online program is fully online without any NNU geo-campus courses, we have an exception to the Age of 23 enrollment policy. Students who meet the criteria of living independently and/or are not claimed as dependents of a parent or legal guardian, and one of the following, may be allowed to enroll in the Christian Ministry Online program:
- Students who have an employment as their primary support which prevents them from pursuing a degree via the traditional schedule and coursework in the School of Theology and Christian Ministry on NNU's geo-campus.
- Students who are serving in a ministry position in a local church or missionary agency.
- Students who are married and/or have dependent children.
- Students who are active duty military or a military veteran.
The Online Christian Ministry Admissions committee reviews all applicants to ensure these criteria are met and this action is in the best interest of the student and Northwest Nazarene University.