Linking to Articles
These steps apply only to the following EBSCOhost databases:
- Academic Search Premier
- Business Source Premier
- CINAHL with Full Text
- ATLA Religion Database
- Newspaper Source
About Security and Copyright
It is not necessary to protect your web page with a password to avoid copyright infringement of these articles by unauthorized users. This has already been done for you. Typing the prefix string in step #8 below guarantees that any remote user who accesses your web page and clicks on the linked article will be directed to a WEB ACCESS MANAGEMENT (WAM) screen where they will be required to authenticate by typing in their NNU Library login information (their name and NNU ID#). This is the same process that takes place anytime a remote user tries to access one of the licensed resources to which the library has subscribed.
Steps to Link
- Select the database from the library web page at www.nnu.edu/academics/library/databases/.
- Conduct your search; mark the item you wish to link to.
- Click the blue "SAVE" button at top or bottom of EBSCO screen.
- Choose "link."
- Highlight and copy (CTRL-C) the URL given by EBSCO in the Persistent link to this record
- Go to your web page file in FrontPage, Typo3 or Angel; type the text you wish to link.
- Highlight text in FrontPage and right click. Choose "Hyperlink properties".
- Click OK, save, and preview in browser to make sure it's working.
If you need assistance, contact Lance McGrath at lrmcgrath(at)nnu.edu or Ext. 8613.