Library Migration FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Check here for answers to your library questions during the Great Migration.
Where will the library be during 2014-15?
All library services will be provided at our interim location on campus in Helstrom Business Center, 804 E. Dewey Street, just one block east of our current location until early October 2014.
What are the new library hours?
The library will operate under the same schedule. Check the library home page for daily operation hours.
Where did all the books go?
Last year, 100,000 books were housed in empty residence hall rooms. Because those rooms were needed for students in Fall 2014, we had to store the books in an off site location until shelves have been installed in the Leah Peterson Learning Commons.
What materials will be available from the library?
- A collection of about 20,000 books and periodicals will be available in Harter Lecture Hall.
- Don’t forget! The library has a wide variety of electronic content accessible via the library homepage, including ebooks and full-text articles.
- Some materials will be in storage and will not be available until we move into the Learning Commons. Staff have tried to anticipate items that can be placed in this category.
How do I get a book if it is unavailable?
You may request books from the following places:
- Request from College of Idaho (please allow 2-3 days for these materials to arrive)
- Request via Interlibrary Loan (please allow 7-10 days for books, 1-5 days for articles)