For Applicants with a Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0* in all academic course work
- Evidence of current RN licensure.
- Good standing with the licensing body.
ADDITIONAL Associate Degree in Nursing Requirements for Admission:
- Minimum of one year of experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Completion of the following prerequisite undergraduate general education and nursing preparatory courses (or equivalent) with a minimum grade of "C" before the Cohort begins:
- NURS4970 Community Health Nursing
- NURS4980 Introduction to Nursing Research/Evidence Based Practice
- NURS4990 Leadership Development
Note: Prerequisite undergraduate courses must be completed with a minimum grade of "C" while maintaining an overall GPA of 3.0.
*Applicants with a GPA of 2.75 - 2.99 may be admitted provisionally and are required to:
- Submit a professional reference that addresses their ability and potential to complete a graduate study program.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the first three graduate courses. If the student does not earn the minimum GPA of 3.0 in all MSN courses, they will not be permitted to progress in the MSN program.
Exceptions to regular admission requirements must be approved by the MSN Program Director.
Students accepted into the MSN program may transfer credits up to 25% of previously completed graduate work from another accredited institution.
- All transfer credits must be approved by the MSN Program Director.
- Credits must have been earned within four years preceding the date of admission to NNU�s MSN program.
Application for Admission
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Submit online MSN application with a nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- Submit an official transcript from the college of university where nursing degree was granted and/or from institution where applicant seeks to transfer credit(s)
- Provide evidence of current RN licensure.
- Provide a professional reference using the online MSN Recommendation Form addressing applicant's ability and potential to complete graduate study if cumulative GPA is less than 3.0*
- If English is not your native language, see "International Students" in the Admission and Financial Aid section of this catalog.
Associate Degree in Nursing ADDITIONAL requirement
- Submit official transcripts verifying completion of prerequisites if transferring them from another university of college.
*Applicants with a GPA of 2.75-2.99 may be admitted provisionally. These applicants will be required to submit the Professional Reference Form (Word or online). Exceptions to regular admission requirements must be approved by the MSN Program Director. In the first three graduate courses, provisional students must earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0. If the student does not earn the minimum GPA, they will not be permitted to progress in the MSN program.