The following are requirements for admission to the Ed.D. program. To receive more information, complete a short information request and we will contact you. You may also contact our program's admission specialist.
- A recognized specialist degree (Ed.S.) or its equivalent with a minimum of 30 semester graduate credits from an academic institution that is accredited by an official regional accreditation agency. Applicants who have not earned an Ed.S. degree or its equivalent should apply to the Ed.S. program before applying to the Ed.D. program.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.5 in previous graduate programs as indicated on official transcripts. The student must maintain a grade point average of 3.5 to continue in the Ed.D. program.
- For students whose native language is not English, satisfactory results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as indicated by official scores. Minimum scores accepted: 550 (paper score), 213 (electronic score); 85 (Internet-based Test iBT) with writing and speaking no less than a score of 22, and no score under 20.
- Competency in the use of computer and Internet technology, and either access to or ownership of appropriate computer equipment. High-speed Internet access is required.
- Approval by the Graduate Education Admissions Committee.
- GRE entrance exams are NOT required.