Magic Valley CohortRequest More Information »
Magic Valley Cohort Information
Northwest Nazarene University presently has a Master of Science degree in Counseling program in Twin Falls with a major in School Counseling, Clinical Counseling, or a dual major in School & Clinical Counseling. Courses are taught on the campus of the College of Southern Idaho (CSI) on weekends by faculty from NNU. Magic Valley Cohort VII will begin in 2013. Non-degree seeking students are welcome to take classes.
The Twin Falls program is the same as the program we offer on the NNU campus. (Please refer to our website at www.nnu.edu/counseloreducation for a complete listing of program requirements.) It is a three year program with most courses being offered at CSI on weekends.
- At this point, the Magic Valley Cohort VII is open to new students. Practicing counselors wanting to take extra courses are always welcome.
- NNU Counselor Education Department reserves the right to adjust the schedule as necessary, though every effort will be made to make very few adjustments.
- If the size of the cohort drops below seven students, NNU reserves the right to cancel the cohort.
Magic Valley Cohort VII Application Process
To apply for admission to the Counselor Education Program:
- Complete an application form
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit a resume.
- Submit two NNU professional reference forms, available for download in PDF format. The references should be from professional colleagues who are familiar with the applicant's academic and professional capabilities and/or faculty members familiar with the applicant's academic ability.
- Submit a two page typed double spaced paper covering the applicant's personal and professional biographical background.
- Submit a two page typed double spaced paper with the applicant's definition of counseling and what the applicant believes he or she offers as a professional to this field in terms of personal qualities and professional experiences.
- Request official sealed transcripts from the institution where the applicant received his/her baccalaureate degree (must be from a regionally accredited institution), plus any official transripts that show graduate work other than Continuing Studies courses. Transcripts should be sent to:
Northwest Nazarene University
Counselor Education Department
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Most graduate students apply for financial assistance. Please visit the web pages of the FINANCIAL AID OFFICE for current information regarding applying for financial aid.