CLST Intercultural Labs
What is the CLST100x Lab about?
CLST1001L, CLST1002L and CLST1003L, are course shells in ANGEL where students participate in an online seminar (for 0 credit and no cost) which prepares the student for a cross cultural experience.
Every approved cross cultural experience/course must include enrollment in a CLSTLab for the corresponding Tier Level: CLST1001L for Tier 1 courses/experiences, CLST1002L for Tier 2 courses/experience and CLST1003L for Tier 3 courses/experiences. This Lab must be completed prior to the 'contact time' or travel experience.
Students traveling abroad for approved Tier 1 or Tier 2 experiences need to take the seminar in a Face-to-Face format (and enroll in CLST1001 or CLST1002) as part of their preparations for travel. These Saturday seminars will be announced through Message Board.
The CLSTLabs will:
- Explain the rationale and goals for requiring cross-cultural experiences.
- Explain how to use the survey criteria for analyzing a target culture.
- Identify methods for acquiring cross-cultural information.
- Guide the student in making observations about the target culture and reflecting on their observations in light of the Lingenfelter model of basic values.
- Explain how to use the data collected to write a meaningful essay.
- Provide the student with opportunity to evaluate both the Seminar and the cross cultural experience.
For further information about Cross Cultural Experiences, contact:
David R. Blowers