Transfer of Associate Degrees for the RN to BS, Nursing Program
Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degrees from states in the NNU Educational Zone (Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming) will be accepted by Northwest Nazarene University for the Registered Nurse (RN) applying for admission to the RN to BS nursing program. Any RN student who enrolls at Northwest Nazarene University with an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing completed prior to admission to NNU and from a regionally accredited institution in states listed above will receive:
- Junior Sanding
- Transfer credit up to a maximum of 62 semester credits
- Waiver of all general education requirements, with the following exceptions:
- THEO2125 Introduction to Christian Theology (3 credits)
- BIBL Elective (3 credits) (NURS4111 fulfills this requirement)
- HUMN4010 Capstone (1 credit) (NURS4120 fulfills this requirement)
- Cross Cultural requirement: One Tier 2 (NURS 4115 and NURS4115CL Intercultural Lab Tier 2 fulfills this requirement)
- Math Proficiency - (An equivalent transfer course may be substituted for this requirement - a statistics course will fulfill this requirement)
- Up to forty (40) credits of nursing electives (nine (9) upper division and thirty-one (31) lower division) for successful completion of the National Council Licensing Exam-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) exam.
Students with an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution other than those listed above may file a petition with the Registrar for consideration of acceptance of the degree.