Applicants with an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) in Nursing Degree
Applicants to the RN to Bachelor of Science, Nursing Program must complete the following prerequisites prior to applying for admission to the program:
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution (or to be completed by the end of the semester in which the applicant applies).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75* or higher (admission GPA will be taken from the most recent official transcript).
- Applicants will be accepted based on documentation of completion of the following prerequisite courses or their equivalent with a minimum grade of "C" for each of the courses.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology w/Lab (8 credits)
- Microbiology w/Lab (4 credits)
- Research Writing (3 credits)
All equivalent transfer courses must be approved through the NNU Registrar's Office.
Applicants must also have completed the following additional prerequisites prior to entering the first RN to BS nursing course (NURS4110, Transition to Professional Nursing):
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) licensure.
- Good standing with the licensing body for RN licensure.
- Current employment as an RN is highly recommended, but not required.
* Applicants with a GPA of 2.5 - 2.74 may be admitted provisionally. These applicants will be required to submit a professional reference form that addresses their ability and potential for completion of the RN to BS in nursing program of study. Provisional students must earn a cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the first three nursing courses or they may not be permitted to progress in the RN to BS, Nursing program.
Exceptions to regular admission requirements must be approved by the Nursing Department Chair.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree or Diploma in Nursing (Additional Requirements)
Applicants with an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution will be evaluated individually for required courses needed for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.