Psychology offers a broad understanding of human behavior, including the development, relationships, and interactions of individuals in systems. Students working to earn their psychology degree from Northwest Nazarene University study at an in-depth level to earn a background in the questions, methods, and theories of the discipline that prepares them for occupations and further study in psychology and related fields upon receiving their psychology degree. The psychology degree program at Northwest Nazarene University models and trains its students to be Christian professionals serving the community.
Upon graduation, students receiving a psychology degree will be able to:
- Understand and carry out research and the scientific method
- Acquire and exhibit practical experience and skills in professional roles
- Access, use, and communicate conclusions about psychological literature
- Understand the basic theories and systems in the field of psychology
- Discuss the relationship between Christian thought and social sciences meaningfully.
Areas of Study
Students in the psychology field can major in three distinct areas. A minor in psychology education is also available for students interested in teaching.
- Psychology - Pre-Counseling Psychology
- Psychology - Neuroscience/Neuropsychology
- Psychology - Scientist/Practitioner
CHECK OUT the Centennial 5K - an annual walk/run event supported/sponsored by the NNU Psychology Club to raise money for scholarships and this year is helping to kick-off the NNU centennial celebration.